Friday, March 1, 2013

CELEBRATE CLOUDY DAYS!


Who’s in charge of celebrations in your life? I read an excerpt from a book entitled “I’m in Charge of Celebrations”. I found the title very intriguing. The story was written about a woman who lived in the desert, alone. She was often asked if she ever got lonely and her reply was “Lonely? How could I be lonely when I am the one in charge of celebrations?” She continued, “this year I have had 108 celebration not counting the ones on the calendar!” Aren’t we all in charge of our celebrations?

I read this yesterday which was a cloudy day outside as well as in my soul. “Okay, God” I thought “how can I celebrate this day?” I began by trying to think of what was good about cloudy. Uhhh? I tried to think but nothing came to mind. Then I thought of how the weatherman always comments that if we have a cloud covering the atmosphere stays warmer because it holds in the warmth. So how does that apply to my cloudy mood, I thought. So I used this thought to think of warm memories that lingered deep in my heart, and I have so many good memories, don‘t you? I can remember sunny days that lifted my soul, times with God that made me want to shout of His goodness! Times of answered prayer and claimed promises that warmed my very being. I thought of scripture that filled me to overflowing. The cloudy cover created a canopy that enveloped the celebration!

The bible is full of times when His people were encouraged to look back at victories when they faced “cloudy days”! Times when God parted the Red Sea, battles that were won by a shout and of forefathers that trusted God. At this time of the year we look back at Calvary and the shed blood of our Savior Jesus Christ and celebrate an empty grave!

Today, I face another cloudy day but……I AM IN CHARGE OF CELEBRATIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment