Sunday, October 23, 2011

I WAS THAT CHILD!










He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.



Matthew 18:2-5



I have read Matthew 18:1-11 many times and have gotten various things from it, according to what God had for me at the moment. Most of the time my heart sought simplicity! How should I believe? Jesus said "become like a child"! Wow, that sure cuts away a lot of junk! It comes right down to, if my father said it, whatever it is, believe it! A great lesson in any situation! Praise God!



Today, I started to wonder about that child that Jesus took in his strong arms that day. Did that precious one always remember that day? Instead of a name, was it "hey! there goes the kid the savior lifted into His presence to teach a great lesson.". That's the one!



What kind of an adult, grew from this special child! I could imagine this little one having the notion that there could never be a more important place to be, than standing next to Jesus, no matter what life from that point would throw him. I tried to imagine how I as a child would have reacted to being thrust into the spotlight and standing next to Jesus. How would my life be different?

The Bible study I am doing now is "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore and boy does is take you deep into your past to break free from anything thing that might hold you from going into the future free of baggage. As many of you, I have a grand set of luggage that I have been carrying. The question was asked; "was Satan trying to ruin you"? I said yes, isn't he always? Next question: "Why didn't he?". At that I could almost here Jesus whisper "YOU ARE THAT CHILD I PULLED UP TO MYSELF THAT DAY"!


Never give up, you are also "That Child!



Hey, there goes that kid!

















































































Sent from Jeanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment