Monday, August 15, 2011

Shoes!

Photo by Allison Smith




Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from Him.

Don’t you see that children are God’s best gift?

the fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warrior’s fistful of arrows

are the children of your youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents,

with your quivers full of children!

A pilgrim song (Psalm 127:3-5 MSG)

For the last several days our house has been filled with our kids and grandkids but today the quiet is so very noticeable because everyone has gone back to their own homes. The range of emotions has run from hilarious laughter to those awful tears that come with saying goodbye. We ate at their favorite restaurants (Monical’s Pizza) and Krekels, they played at Scovill Gardens and visited the two Grandma's houses. Rook, Dutch Blitz, and Balderdash brought teasing, hooting, hollering and much laughter. We shopped for nursery curtain fabric for my grandson (due in November) and sent another grandson off to college. Our extra beds were filled as well as pallets on the floor! The baby bed held our sweet Jenna, our youngest granddaughter and behind my couch was a make-believe "fort" made with blankets, that Riley and Jenna played in for hours! My back porch was stacked three deep with shoes, slipped off as each one came into the house. These shoes belong to many of the people who I love most in the world! Though I am still catching up on sleep I missed, I ponder the blessings that are mine and thank God for his goodness! Life is rich when my back porch is piled high with shoes!

I don’t know if I will have a grand mansion in heaven, but no matter, as long as I have a back porch and a pile of shoes parked there!





Sent from Jeanie!


No comments:

Post a Comment