Monday, August 22, 2011

Lloyd and Floyd!

photo by Kelly Smith on her iphone!





Luke 5:16 But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.




In the phone department my husband and I are way behind times. We have cell phones that are at least 3 years old, I’ve lost track. As I listened to the phones of my kids, I had to laugh at the deep, robot sounding voice that said “DROID” every time it rang, so I decided to name our phones “FLOYD” and “LLOYD” and my son-in-law who has one just like them, I call his “BOB”! So when we are all together, Floyd, Lloyd and Bob get a lot of fun poked at them! I marvel at these people who write a message in nothing flat on their tiny little keyboards because my “Floyd” does not have a keyboard but the old fashion numbers that you have to push 2 times to get a B, 3 times to get a C, 1 time to get a T and so on! When I write a message I try to make it pretty short since it is so time consuming to write a message of any length. Little tidbits like…. R u ok? Home yet? I haven’t quite caught on to all the shortcuts but kind of make up my own like “love u” “praying” and “HUH?”. As I walked out to the Prayer Chair today I craved conversation with the Lord! It seems like for a couple of weeks I’ve been sending Him text messages on my Floyd. I often said, “Thank u Lord” when I was blessed or “Help me Lord” when I was stressed but it had been awhile since I took the time to really get into a conversation with Him. The kind that is two ways, I talk, then I listen! It was a thirsting for His presence that I had felt anew as I walked out to alone with him! Oh, I knew he was with me, I talk to Him all the time but it is kind of like it is with texting my family on my Floyd, there is no way to replace hearing their voice or seeing them face to face! Larry and I get our best talking done when we take a walk or sit out back in the evening, when we take time to focus just on what one another has to say! It takes time to have a good relationship with others and especially with our Father!




All through the New Testament, we find that Jesus Himself prayed to His Father!




Matthew 14:23 tells how he went up to the mountainside by himself to pray, staying until evening all alone.




Mark 1:35 says that very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to pray.




Luke 5:16 tells us that Jesus often withdrew to lonely places to pray.




Jesus knew how important it was to get alone with His Father even if it meant getting up early or going to a mountain side to be alone with Him. It’s not that He or we shouldn’t pray constantly like my “text messages” on my Floyd but we as Jesus need those special times to really get close with the Father! Those alone times when we bare our soul to the Father who waits for us to meet with Him!




So r u ready 2 find some time with the Lord? lol


No comments:

Post a Comment