Thursday, August 25, 2011

"RECALCULATING"!!!

Photo by Allison Smith, my sweet Granddaughter who's WORDS are said with her photography! I love this one!


A man finds joy in giving an apt reply--and how good is a timely word!
Proverbs 15:23


"RECALCULATING" said the annoying woman who lives in the little box on the dash of our car! Oh, how I dislike that woman with her judging tone and smarty pants attitude. Just that one word (recalculating) can set my teeth on edge like a "not quite ripe" persimmon.


Words! They can build up or tear down, they can instruct, encourage or bring pain? Words can fall on deaf ears, or be taken to heart. If you are like me, you have tripped over your words and most unpleasantly, I have eaten many!


As I write this blog, I am very aware of my words! I want them to say what I want them to say, I want them to be accurate as to the interpretation of the bible but mostly I want them to be words given to me by the Lord.


Some days when I write, it seems my fingers can’t type fast enough and the words come easy, other days I cut, paste and rephrase a “million” times. Those are the days that I would like to be Jeremiah, who’s mouth God reached out and touched and God said “Behold I have put my words in your mouth!” As I prayed today I prayed just that, not only as it pertains to writing but as I talk to others, let my speech be uplifting. May it be lovely like golden apples in a silver basket! May it always be pleasing to the Lord!


A man finds joy in giving an apt reply--and how good is a timely word!
Proverbs 15:23

Timely advice is lovely, like golden apples in a silver basket. Proverbs 25:11


 


Samuel is another one in the bible that I would like to pattern my speech after:


The Lord was with Samuel as he grew up, and he let none of Samuel's words fall to the ground. (1 Samuel 3:19 NIV)


I can only wonder about Samuel’s words. Were they wise? Did they glorify God? Apparently all were used to honor God! I think maybe Samuel was know for his wisdom, for his honesty and for his close relationship to God, so that no words came from his mouth that were not used to help others and glorify the Lord!


Today as everyday, I really do need to “recalculate” to see where the Lord would have me go with my words. As Jeremiah, I need and plead for the Lord to touch my mouth so that His words would flow from my mouth. As Samuel, I want to be known for wisdom and a oneness with God, that my words could be used to bring glory to my Lord and Savior!


RECALCULATING!


No comments:

Post a Comment