Saturday, July 2, 2011

Right Out of the Middle!

The 90 degree weather has not kept the grass from growing or my husband from cutting it. Since my mower is out of commission, he mowed by himself today and of course it took him longer. I took tea out to him to keep him from getting dehydrated but when he came in I knew he needed refreshment. He passed on the water but said yes to the cold watermelon waiting in the frig. As I cut and cracked open the striped melon, the aroma was such that I knew it had to be a good one. I took out a big bowl and dug right out of the middle of one half and plopped big scoops into the bowl again and again until it was heaping. I was glad to give him the best part of that delicious delight until...I grabbed a piece that was calling my name! Oh, so delicious, and for just a second I questioned giving him the best part, because I knew that what was left on the sides would probably not be as good.

Sometimes, I hesitate to give God his portion out of the middle, the best part of what I have or even the best part of me because somehow I don't trust that what is left will be good enough. To be honest, sometimes I leave Him to scrape up what is left. After all, I don't have very much money so if I give it away I might not have enough or my time is precious since I'm getting older now and what would be left if I gave my best right out of the middle? Doesn't He deserve the best!

I scraped the sides to find that the melon was sweet even on the sides and what was even sweeter was the oohs and aahs I heard from my tired, hot husband who very definitely enjoyed "the right out of the middle" watermelon! And guess what! The Lord always provides for us if we are obedient to Him! So even if the sides of your watermelon isn't as sweet as what you have given away, in obedience, remember that there is the other half that is even more heavenly!


No comments:

Post a Comment