Thursday, July 28, 2011

Coming Apart At The Seams?


This is my "Grand-Dog" and "Grand-Cat, Summer and Miles! I think they are resting in the Lord, or at least resting without a care! I have to admit that after Mendy told me that Summer didn't come home, I worried but I also prayed. Summer came home last night and I am so glad God cares even for those things we care about! Summer, you are grounded!





I watched Larry as he took the plastic pipes and snapped them together like a puzzle. With all the turns and angles he was trying to reach a drain that would carry water from our sump pump out away from the house. When they were all in place he took glue, made just for this purpose, and connected the winding pipe. With confidence left them there to came in to eat. After eating lunch, he went back to find that all the pipes had broke loose instead of holding tight as he had counted on. He tried again only to find the same thing. He finally realized that there was so much stress on them that they came apart at the seams. It seems things had to be adjusted, because the drain that was there to catch the water was in the wrong place causing the stress.


Just like the winding pipe, I sometimes come apart at the seams! I put my goals and priorities in the wrong place and find the stress I put on myself, causing me to worry! If worry could accomplish anything, I think we would all agree there would be no problems in our life. But the bible says that worry changes nothing, accept we grow weaker as a result of it. I read a saying that said; worry does not prevent tomorrow’s sorrows but steals today’s strength! How true! And I might add it steals our joy also! The bible says: an anxious heart weights a man down. As Larry tried again to reach the same destination that had caused the stress, he found the same predicament. The stress was not relieved until he changed where he placed the drain. Sometimes we could relieve a lot of stress if we adjusted our goals and our priorities! Sometimes we need to remember that we can’t fix everything or even most things! Worry sometimes gives a small thing a big shadow that follows us everywhere, how often I have found this true. Those are the things we need to give to the Lord. In fact he says to give it all to Him! Why? Because he cares for us!


“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7


“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.” Psalm:139:23


“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”


Jesus says “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me.” John 14:1



No comments:

Post a Comment