Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gifts from God!




Today I washed my windows and found myself happy and sad. Happy when I found tiny little finger prints on the window but sad because I miss the one who put them there. A few weeks ago my daughter Missy, her husband John and my sweet granddaughter Jenna came for an unexpected visit. For two days of their visit we stayed home, relaxed and watched Jenna be Jenna. It was wonderful seeing how she had grown and become such a little lady. We laughed when she bopped us with her head as a sign of affection, that according to Missy, she learned from their cat. We read her books over and over again making funny faces and loud noises to see if we could get her to fall over laughing which she did quite easily. Whenever the door was open her little hand went in the air as a sign that she wanted to go outside and we were more than willing to give her that wish. We all laughed as she ran and explored to her hearts content. She brought us flowers, sometimes dead ones, leaves and sticks. She laughed to see the dogs run past her with lightning speed and she
pointed to the cats who also joined the fun. The picture is still in my mind of her running, and watching those sweet red curls blowing in the breeze. Jenna and her parents even stood in the towering corn, that was well above the head of her 6’5” Daddy. We watched her every move, to the point, that she counted on her “fan club” to be watching and would check to see if we were watching and we were. As I relived those few days, my thoughts went to my heavenly Father and how he is so anxious to give to His children, to you and me. How he must enjoy watching us and being our “fan club”. Matthew 7:11 says that if we with all of our faults can give good things to our children how much more will our Heavenly Father give good gifts to us.


I am so thankful for what God gives me but I need to think of him more as my loving father and my best fan. As I receive good gifts I want to think of his broad smile and adoring eyes. As Jenna looked into the faces of loving parents and grandparents, I need to know that the Lord looks upon me with that same kind of love but even more so.


To be honest, I left a few of those finger prints just to remind me of that wonderful time spent with this beautiful family and the fun we had with our sweet Jenna! Children and grandchildren are surely one of those gifts that our Father happily gives us and smiles as we enjoy His wonderful blessings. Thank you, Father!

1 comment:

  1. This picture makes me smile. She is the most delightful little girl. Oh how I love her. Sounds like country living suited her just fine. This is a great story, mother!

    ReplyDelete