Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Forgiveness is Amazing!


If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9


Forgiveness oh how sweet! I remember back when the kids were all little and at times I would be overwhelmed and get grouchy with them. It was that last argument, that last spilled drink, it was a bad attitude (besides mine) or a smart answer that put me over the edge. After the day was over and things settled down, I would always regret losing my temper or being impatient and would say before the kids went to sleep “Mommy’s sorry I was so grouchy today” and out of the bedrooms (Walton style) I would get my answer in unison “That’s okay Mommy, We love you”. My husbands apologies were much like mine but he would add “you are good girls” and again in unison “you’re a good Daddy” Wow, from the mouths of babes!

If only it could be that easy when we grow up. If only from the bedroom I could hear, it’s okay, I love you. Actually, I still do that, I say God forgive me for my bad attitude, for my quick tongue or even disobedience and the quick reply is I forgive you, I love you, my child and you are good. To that my reply would be… you are my good Heavenly Father! I praise your Holy Name! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment