Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Hug From God!



How big is your God? My sweet granddaughter Riley who is five years old knows how big God is. The other night while praying for someone she loves very much, she asked God to take care of her and make her better and give her a big hug. As she continued in prayer she must of thought about how big God must be and added “hug her tight but not too tight, so you won’t hurt her”. I would love to get into her 5 year old mind. Was God as big as the sky she looked up into? Did all of the stars and the moon reflect his big arms? She must have known that he is a loving, “hugging” God. She knew that as she looked into the sky that her Aunt NeeNee was looking also into the same sky seeing the same stars and moon and praying to the same great big God. Did it occur to her that God is everywhere? All I know is that in Riley’s mind he was loving enough to give a big hug, but still strong enough that maybe she should warn Him not to squeeze too hard.

Many times in the bible we are asked to believe as a little child. Do I realize how big God is? Do I understand his power, do I always know that he is loving enough to hug me but powerful enough to answer my prayers?

Jesus, however, invited them: "Let the little children come to Me, and don't stop them, because the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Luke 18:16



No comments:

Post a Comment