Sunday, November 7, 2021

Kick The Tires

 We have gone through one of the craziest times in our married lives for the last six months. It all started when we decided to sell our beloved home to downsize. Selling our house proved to be no problem but finding another one has been seemingly impossible. We have viewed big ones, little ones, some in perfect condition and some unlivable without lots of work and money. Our agent grew weary, I’m sure as we toured many houses only to hear, “No, not this one.”

Larry and I differed greatly in our approach to the process. I walked in and mentally began to arrange my furniture in the new abode. It was also important to me to find ceilings tall enough to hold my 12 foot Christmas tree so my eyes were always to the ceiling. Unless it was a glaring problem, I usually felt confident we could fix it. But as I meandered through with glowing confidence that this could be the one, I hadn’t noticed that my sweet husband had slipped outside to see the foundation, eyeball the roof, and survey the property line. His keen sense of smell could tell him immediately if there was a water problem and while I looked for space for my Christmas trees his eagle eye looked for signs of water damage.

Today, November 7, 2021, we have been married 52 years so I should be aware of the many ways he has taken care of our family as well as me. He has always protected us when we might be looking at the wrong things like Christmas trees when we should look at the big picture. God in His graciousness has given this man the strength of wisdom and self-control that has served us through all of these years. While during this process I have, more than once, stomped my foot at the “no not this one” my heart is confident that my stubborn husband will always “kick the tires” so to speak as he raises a prayer to God his constant guide. How can a girl fight that consistency and love that has been the staple for all of these years? Even through the difficulties of house hunting, I love this man with all my heart and trust he is led by an all-knowing God. Happy Anniversary my sweet husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment