Monday, January 16, 2017

Walkie Talkie

As I lay in the uncomfortable bed waiting for my family to get there, a man so tall, he seemed to almost have to duck when he came through the door, announced that he would be my nurse that night.  He checked out my vitals, asked me a few questions and headed out the door.  As he did, he turned to me and said something I had not heard, even after working in the hospital for 20 years.  He said "you are my walkie talkie tonight."  Not being fully to my senses, this went over my head until later when he explained that I, unlike the rest of his patients, could walk and could talk . After hearing his explanation, I was glad to be a "walkie talkie." 

Later I started to think how we should all be "walkie talkies".  We should , as the saying goes, walk the walk if we are going to talk the talk about Jesus.  God has given us the gospel of Jesus and the Bible says he has entrusted it to our care.  1 Timothy 6 says we should even guard it.  But we are not to keep the truth to ourselves but share it with the world.  Lord, help me be a "walkie talkie"!

“Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to 
your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge,”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭6:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬





No comments:

Post a Comment