Thursday, January 30, 2014

Steadied!

My little granddaughter, Evie, is becoming a toddler. She toddles everywhere she goes. She walks and even runs but occasionally she needs to be steadied by a loving Mom and Dad. As she waddles and wobbles strong hands reach out to her to keep her from falling.

There have been seasons of my life when I have felt like my feet were in the mire of my world of depression and I struggled as I tried to follow Him. Thankfully my God does not ignore my cries or critisize me for my "problem". He is in the business of saving the weak and I readily admit my weaknesses. I have prayer for healing but then the Lord tells me, as he told the apostle Paul, "my grace is sufficient". Each time I find myself in the pit I ask the Lord to lift me up. That is why I love the beautiful words we find in Psalm 40:1-3.

1 I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
and steadied me as I walked along.
3 He has given me a new song to sing,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the Lord.

Praise God, just like Evie, strong hands lift me up and steady me as I walk along!
I give thanks for those loving hands and the Father that never gives up on me. I glorify Him for giving me a new song.

No comments:

Post a Comment