Friday, October 4, 2013

Hidden Treasures and Riches Stored in Secret Places


As I sat in the doctor's office the other day I came across one of those pictures that you have to stare at to find a hidden message. Not so discreetly, I stared into the picture, hoping no one would notice. I even, less discreetly, put the picture to my nose trying desperately to find the hidden words that I was sure was there. Finally, the hidden words, appeared! I sat back in total satisfaction but could not help but notice the “eyes” peaking over the magazines at me.

What is it about something hidden that we desperately want to find? I remember Larry playing “I Spy” with Riley, our sweet granddaughter, when she was younger. He would pick out something in the room and say with great, grandfatherly, enthusiasm “I spy with my little eye” something.....blue.” Riley would gaze around the room, and with prompting from Papa, indeed, with her little eyes, find the secret object. With much happiness, she would announce her finding as if she had found a great treasure. She, as most of us, like finding what is hidden!

I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3

I love this scripture because I have so many times found “hidden treasures” in the bible that met my need at just the right time. Sometimes it is a scripture that I am familiar with that reminds me of His amazing love or one that I have never read before, but talks to my soul, precisely when I need it. He always brings to my heart the truth, that He IS Lord of all situations and even better, He knows me by my name.

How blessed I am that my Heavenly Father shows me His hidden treasures, His riches stored in the Bible and I don't even have to put my nose on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment