Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Love Being the Mom of FORGETFUL CHILDREN!



What I love most about being a mom is my children's forgetfulness!

I remember many days when, as a mom with small children, I would want to run screaming down the street. You know those days when the bickering never stops, the spilled drinks could cause a flash flood and "Mom" seemingly is the word to bellow when one is touched by ones sibling! Those days that stretched my patience beyond the limits, when bedtime could not come fast enough still sticks in my mind. I remember at days end and nights when "Walton style" we would say our goodnights and I would add "sorry Mom was so grouchy today" and from their rooms I would hear in unison "that's okay mom, you're a good mom"! I want to be able to forgive that easily!

Even now many years since I have heard those sweet voices coming from the bedrooms in my house, I remember the love that was cheerfully given to that weary mom, and the forgiveness that overflowed even though I felt undeserving of it.



Now my grown daughters often say wonderful things to me that sometimes takes me aback. I recall all the mistakes I made as a parent. I remember how many times I felt like a failure as a mom and I wonder why they don't remember my mistakes and failures. But yet my forgetful children love me, isn't that grace?

Jesus said that we should all become like little children and I know why! They are so very forgetful as He is. As we ask him to forgive our sins the bible says he also forgets them, they are thrown into the sea of FORGETFULNESS!

It's funny how those we try to instruct often instruct us. Thank you Lord for my forgetful children!

No comments:

Post a Comment