Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"The King of Caulk"



I don’t mean to boast but I just saw the king! I see him every fall! He shows up with his loaded gun blazing and with a determination in his eyes. Who is he? He is who I lovingly call the “King of Caulk” (my husband). He inspects every inch of this house for cracks, crevices and holes that cold air could possibly get through. With blood in his eye he pulls his gun out and shoots those holes full of Caulk! Menards is his favorite place to buy his ammunition. When they see him coming, they hide the women, children and the caulk because the man can clean the shelves in a matter of minutes. If we were invaded with caulk-loving aliens from space and all the caulk was pulled from our house, I am sure it would fall to the ground in a heap. But….I don’t mind the caulk because the cold doesn’t gets into our house when the winds howl and the snow blows. So I look forward to these annual “King of Caulk” sightings.

Just like this drafty old house, doubts can creep in through holes and crevices in my spiritual life. I pray and pray for something or someone but no answer, in blows doubt that my prayers will ever be answered. I prayed for healing, but I am still sick, “where are you, God?” I ask for strength, or peace or even hope to no avail, swoosh can you feel the cold air of disappointment? How can we head off these doubts and feelings of disappointment? With spiritual “Caulk” the word of God, TRUTH! The truth will not only set you free but will plug those holes that lets doubt come in. Shout them out as the devil tries to whisper “it’s no use”. As his icy finger points to you and says “you aren’t worth God’s time” give him a shot of “caulk” like “God so loves the world (me) that he gave his Son to die for me and loved me though I was unworthy. “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” try that one! Gather truth as ammunition against the icy winds of doubt. Fill those holes with His truth and let Christ keep you warm as those winter winds blow. The King of Kings can fill you with peace, hope and even joy.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

As I sit here in our warm home I am thankful for the love of my life and“King of Caulk” with his mighty caulk gun but I am more thankful for the King of Kings and His might word that fills those holes of doubt and gives me hope.
Praise the Lord God Almighty!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites. I can see him in my mind's eye right now. Love this one. It was a great reminder to keep those cracks sealed. Love you!

    ReplyDelete