Monday, November 22, 2010

Right Under My Nose!




Have you ever looked for something for hours and have it right under your nose? That just happened to me. It was a gift I had wrapped for myself to open this month. I carefully wrapped it in pretty Christmas wrapping and put it away for safe keeping, which usually means it will be so safe I will never find it again. This morning I looked everywhere, I looked in the Christmas decorations that have been brought in to assemble in their traditional places, I looked in closets, storage areas and even under the beds. I tried to remember if I had given it to someone, but since it was so special, I wouldn‘t think so. I was almost ready to give up when I decided to pray about it. I went to a closet that is in the guest bedroom and looked again but my eyes were not seeing it. Finally I found it, I had looked at it so often through the year that I had stopped seeing it or appreciating it. I tugged and pulled until it was out. The Christmas wrapping looked as beautiful as the day I hid it away. I tore open the package as if I didn’t know what was in there but I did know. It was my favorite Nativity set. I always wrap it in Christmas wrapping to remember that God gave us the gift of his son to be our savior. Why had I not seen it in there? After I put it in there I began to over look the wrapping that was so beautiful, I forgot what was in the box, I piled other things on top of it, I took the gift for granted until I drug it out for Christmas. Oh, Lord may I never take your gift of salvation for granted. May I never fail to recognize the beauty that comes from you, help me never forget how much I appreciate my family, may I always give thanks for what we celebrate at Christmas and never let me be tempted to hide your gift of salvation away to bring out only at Christmas time. Let me tell the world the good news of your coming! Joy to the World the Lord has come!

No comments:

Post a Comment