Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Do Not Limp

Do not limp, I told myself! I had surgery going on four months ago, and though the pain is almost gone, I still favor that side as I have for all these months. Yes, there was pain but now I should be able to walk without a limp. I should be able to walk down the stairs without the tediousness of one step at a time fearing my unsteadiness, but I must talk stern to myself and just do it.

 

Today as I talked my way down the stairs unsteadily, I thought of the church. Not any one local church but The Church. We have been limping along not doing what we should be doing, we have been lukewarm pew warmers instead of warriors in God’s kingdom. Yes, we have been injured but it is time to stop limping and take on the world and never give up. They have taken our sacred symbol from the courthouse as if the Ten Commandments were nothing, Nativity scenes at Christmas are banned by local governments and Merry Christmas does not pass the lips of cashiers for fear the Lord’s birth might be recognized. Our government officials openly reject the church as non-essential and dismiss the bible and its laws. Yes, Church, we have been injured but it is time to stop limping and come boldly to the throne of God and realize His spiritual healing has already taken place and courage is given to those who will be revived. Awaken church! The ills of this country can never be solved by human hands no matter what party is in power.

 

And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?

Esther 4:14

Did you know that we as Christians are royalty?

In 1 Peter 2:9 it says we are!

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of the darkness into wonderful light.

1 Peter 2:9

We have all come to our royal position when we accepted Christ as the Savior and King of our lives. As. royalty, we have been called for such a time as this.

Awaken Church and take your royal positions as ambassadors for Christ. The laborers are few even though the harvest is plentiful. Walk out courageous and strong!

 

DO NOT LIMP!


No comments:

Post a Comment