Sunday, October 16, 2016

Blessed are the Invited!

Blessed Are the Invited

I can't sleep, so I just finished a glass of milk with crackers.  I have loved this combo since I was a kid at my grandma's house as a bedtime snack.  She didn't have fancy snacks like we do today, but anything at her house tasted good to me because of the love I felt there. 

I love to feed people and setting a nice table when I have someone over to eat a meal.  I like to use my best china, a creative center piece and cloth napkins.  I long to hear the ooh and ahs as I bring out my, specialty, lemon meringue pie and it makes my day  when someone complains of eating too much.  Hopefully, they can also feel the love I put into it.  

The King James Version of Revelations 3:29 captivates my heart as I imagine eating or dining with the Lord and there is just something about opening the door so that I can "sup" with Him, that thrills my soul.  

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Because I opened the door to Him when he knocked, I am invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb where there will a beautiful table set for me.  I'm sure there will be exquisite china, a breathtaking centerpiece, and, of course cloth napkins but what will matter most is the love flowing from the Host as He feeds my hungry soul.

“Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭19:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

One day I will enjoy milk and crackers with my grandma in heaven but until then I will ponder the love she had for me and the difference it made in my life.  Even more so, I will think about the love my Heavenly Father has for me and the wedding supper of the Lamb.  Blessed are those who are invited!


No comments:

Post a Comment