Saturday, January 2, 2016

They Spread The News

Today I started the long process of putting my Christmas decorations away.  I put up way too much so, of course, it is quite a job to pack it all up for another's year.  In November I placed each character of my nativity set in its proper place, thinking about each one and there place in the Christmas story.  Now as I reverse the process, I think, again, about the beautiful figurines.  I place Mary, Joseph, the precious baby and the flashy wise men in the cardboard box but as I place the shepherds in their place, I think of these men who were the first ones to hear the good news of the Messiah.  As the last character is placed in the box I remembered what the shepherds did after leaving the Messiah.  The bible says they told everyone they met about what they had been told concerning the child.

When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.”  ‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:17-18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I wondered if they had kept Jesus to themselves or like some, put the Savior in a box for another year, would the world know about Him now.  Sometimes we are tempted to leave our Savior in the manger and store Him away after Christmas when He longs to be a part of our everyday life.  He desires for us to know and love Him and spread the Word concerning His birth and His life, as the shepherds did that first Christmas night.  

My hearts desire is to tell others about God and our Lord, Jesus in this New Year.  

“Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.”  2 Peter‬ ‭1:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment