Friday, December 13, 2013

Rest In His Sanctuary!


With less than two weeks until Christmas, I can almost hear the gears shifting into high. There are gifts to be bought, baking still to do, and programs to attend. Don't forget the shut-in to be visited, the church service to go to, and the gifts to wrap. With all that comes a haried Christmas instead of a Merry Christmas. Instead of beholding the babe in the manger, we often just see the blure of it all. Our strength, our patence and our worshiping heart has been replaced with a heart overloaded with glitter and glow instead of the Star that leads us to Christ.

But as I struggle to find the strength and the time to do it all, I know that there is a God who sees me and loves me in spite of my over zealous approach to this wonderful time. He knows my heart and that I want to make things perfect for those I love. I read this scripture from the Psalms that gave me hope for this crazy time of the year.

"You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!" Psalm 68:35 (NIV)

Take time from your busy schedule to rest in this promise, take time to reside in His sanctuary and wait for the power and strength that God wants to give His people. Behold the babe in the manger and remember the cross of Calvery! And have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment