Friday, September 6, 2013

God Smiles




Everybody seems to like a smile. We thrill to a baby's first smile, we are uplifted by a stranger's smile and anticipate with joy the smiles that come with good news. Some days we yearn for just anyone who wants to share a smile!

It is said of some folks, that their smile lights up a room and still others, smile from their very soul. My son-in-law, John has such a smile! His smiles seem to come from the bottom of his feet and radiate throughout his very being. I love to see John smile and his giggles bless me even more. Nothing brings a smile to this loving dad's face, quicker than the sight of his two little girls.

Have you ever thought about God smiling? Can you picture the smile on the face of Jesus when we finally see Him face to face? The bible says we were made for God's pleasure! I cannot fathom the thought that we were created for HIS pleasure! Our Father in Heaven actually delights in us! Amazing isn't it?

The steps of the Godly are directed by the Lord, He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23

He takes pleasure in those that honor Him; in those who trust in His constant love. Psalm147:11

May the Lord smile on you. Numbers 6:25

Smile on me, your servant; teach me the right way to live. Psalm 119:135

The Lord takes pleasure in his people. Psalm 149:4a

Like my son-in-law, John, nothing can bring a smile to Lord's face quicker than His children, you and I, who He loves! I just imagine that His Holy smile lights up all of heaven!

Dear Lord, smile on me, your servant and may I give you pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment