Wednesday, July 4, 2012

God Bless America!










For thirty years we lived in the same house that we raised all the kids. I have so many good memories in the house that our kids all refer to as “Nolen Dr.” . One of my favorite memories I have is our 4th of July celebrations. Sometimes we had people over, sometimes it was just us but our little house on Nolen Drive had a very important feature that we discovered soon after we moved there. Since our street sat on the edge of the Country Club’s golf course, we were privy to a very nice fireworks display that the country club put on every year, free no membership required. We sat back in our lawn chairs and took advantage of something that someone else had paid for but, as I think of it, we do this every year. We celebrate a freedom that we did not pay for.

I am thankful for the freedom that was handed down to me, something I enjoy but did not pay for. As I have been searching and finding our ancestors, I find that men in my family fought in just about every war of this country. Generations back until now people have left their home to fight for our freedom, many paying the ultimate price so that I could enjoy a freedom like no other in the world.


In the same way Jesus left his home in heaven to pay for our sins and give freedom in his salvation. Again I enjoy what I did not and could not pay for myself. Thank you, Jesus!


Today as I sit back in my lawn chair watching the beauty in the sky, enjoying what I did not pay for, all that I can say is God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment