Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Robin

Today I looked out to see a winter wonderland! I was amazed at the beauty of this "White Christmas". The scene was breathtaking! After a month of decorating, planning, and looking forward to this day, it came in great style. I have pondered the birth of Jesus and praised Him for his great provision for our salvation. My heart was warmed by the manger scene and Christmas carols. As I stood there I shivered as the cold wind blew, causing an avalanche of snow to blow off the snow laden trees. Yep, Christmas is nearly over and reality sets in like the winter winds, for many people. For, some the past year has weighed on their hearts like the snow that covers the branches outside. The avalanche of troubles have plagued the last year with profound hopelessness. Buy wait let me tell you about what else sat upon the branches! To my surprise, a robin hopped joyfully from branch to branch. Yes, I said a robin! Robins to me have always been a sign that spring was on the way. Hope that the dreary winter was over and knew life was about to spring forth. Just as winter will finally come to an end I pray that the Lord will put new hope in your heart for the new year. Our hope is in Him!

Romans 15:13
May the Lord of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

My "Christmas Robin" was a great reminder that the New Born King gives us hope for the new year even when all seems bleak and cold. Spring and healing are just around the corner!

Merry Christmas and God Bless you!


Sent from my iPad=

No comments:

Post a Comment