Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You are Mine!

Last week I was reminded once again of how we belong to one another. As happens regularly, since our senior pastor’s name is Tim and my son-in-law Tim is youth pastor, people at church often distinguish between the two by saying “your Tim”. It happen again and at that moment my heart was warmed for “our Tim” and for who he is in my heart. Of course, there is also your mom, your daughter, or your husband meaning that in some way we are connected and belong together. I often refer to my daughters or grandkids as “my sweet girl” or my sweet Kelly with a heart that wants so much to relay words that indeed they belong to me, they are precious and I love them.


In Isaiah 43:1 the Lord says…
He who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you O Israel; “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name you are mine.

Later in vs. 4 he says:
You are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you.


Too many times we take for granted our connections with people as well as with God. Just think of it, He who created you, O Jacob as well as He who created you “O Jeanie” and He who created everything that there is, says “you are mine”. I’ll have to tell you, I don’t mind being a name dropper. Hey, anyone who will listen, I am God’s child. He knows me by name, he knows my every thought and I am precious and honored in his sight. Hallelujah I am His!

No comments:

Post a Comment