Monday, November 7, 2011

"Tho' Autumn's Coming On"!




I recently watched an old video that made me laugh, cry and wonder where the years had gone. I watched as two people celebrated their 25th anniversary. I could hardly believe it as I watched, it was Larry and I seventeen years ago today. I was much thinner and Larry had more hair! Allison was just an infant barely a month old and Caleb a cute little toddler chasing after the big boys, Nick and Garrick 8 and 5! I laughed as our son-in-law Shane, narrated the event in typical Shane humor! Even my daughters who I never see as anything but young looked even younger. I cried to see how young we both looked with our arms entwined taking a drink of punch like newlyweds do. As we were asked to tell stories on one another, Larry told a few of his favorites! The one he always tells is the one about me losing my wig at a wedding and I told how he reacted when the girls wrecked his car and spray painted it to cover the crime. A game of “The Newly Wed” revealed that even back then we knew the right answers and new each other pretty well. As we got serious for a moment I read the words of a song by Stuart Hamblin written for his wife of 50 years. I have always loved it because it so reflects how I feel about my sweet Larry who I have been married to for 42 years today.




Tho’ Autumn’s Coming On







Through changing seasons we’ve shared life’s little day.




Still in love tho’ Autumn’s coming on.




It seems unreal our souvenirs still look so new.




We reminisce and must confess that this is true.




We sang lullabies to babies cries in the springtime.




Oh, how the time seemed to fly.




We had scarcely put the crib away when like magic




We looked up the aisle and beheld a lovely bride.




We waved goodbye as one by one they joined life’s parade.




Then at a bugle call, he stood proud and tall and there went our baby.




Though seasons change, hand in hand we’ll travel on.




Still in love tho’ Autumn’s coming on!




I would have found it hard to think I could love this man more than I did that day, but I do! He makes me laugh with his corny jokes, he makes me cry when his eyes fill with tears in a tender moment as he has many now days. We have loved our kids, grandkids and old dogs together! Sons in law have become sons, grandkids have grown to young adults and still the miracle of a new baby could happen at any moment. He has been my great joy, my best friend and the love of my life! I praise our wonderful Lord for the beautiful years we have had together! I love you, Larry Nihiser, Happy Anniversary!




No comments:

Post a Comment